Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Summer

Hi friends,

It's summer time and the living is easy. I love summer, don't you?

If I let my imagination go, I am a kid again hopping foot-to-foot across the hot sand, splashing into the freezing frothy surf, while golden-green seaweed wraps around my ankles, and the seagulls try to steal my lunch off my flowered beach blanket.

Or maybe I am floating on a turquoise raft in my pool, hat shadowing my eyes, the sun warming every speck of my skin with the exception on my legs dangling in the sparkly water. When I become too hot, I slip into the cool, quiet nothingness, eyes closed, bubbles blowing out of my nose.

Summertime is filled with barbeque parties, delivered pizza, friends, good movies, sleeping in late, walks after dinner without a sweater, running through sprinklers, gazing open-mouthed at fireworks, hot pavement parades, reading books for fun, watermelon, strawberry pie, and corn on the cobb.

Summer lasts forever.

No comments: